Cystitis is inflammation of the bladder, usually bladder infection causes it. It is a common type of urinary tract infection.
- Strong, persistent urge to urinate
- Feeling pain or burning when urinating
- Need to urinate often
- Peeing only small amounts of urine each time
- Pain in lower abdomen
- Urine that smells, or looks cloudy or bloody
- Sexual transmitted diseases
- Foreign body
- Bacterial infection
- Certain drugs
- Radiation therapy
- Potential irritants such as feminine hygiene spray, spermicidal jellies, or long-term use of a catheter
If have one or more signs/symptoms it is recommended a visit for General Practitioner near days. Also, visit to a Urology or Internal Medicine/Infectious Disease and Clinical Microbiology or Gynecology (for women) specialist in an appropriate time.
Diagnosis is usually made clinically. Test can be useful such as:
- Urine Analysis
- Urine Culture
- Absence or reduction intercourse during disease
- Avoid the potential irritants
- Drink fluid more than usual
- Wipe front to back after poop
- Do not wear tight fitting underwear
- Do not douche
- Drink Cranberry juices
- Hold a hot water bottle on tummy or between thighs
How long does cystitis last for?
Most cases of mild cystitis will resolve itself within a few days. if it lasts more than 4 days should be discussed with a doctor.
What is the fastest way to get rid of cystitis?
Antibiotics have been shown to be fast and effective in treating it.
Does drinking water help cystitis?
Yes! Drink more fluids, such as water, to help flush out the infection.